Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Some Girls.


In my short, yet eventful life, I’ve grown accustomed to knowing girls with emotional issues. Not just any emotional issues, but with the main focus of these unresolved emotional crises revolving around guys. In this day and age, where women’s lib has worked beyond expectations, and where feminism itself has died and progressed onto something greater, girls still have to deal with the day-to-day issues of boy meets girl, boy surreptitiously dumps girl in the only way that they know how…by thinking about it everyday. Now, when I look at it in this way, I would see myself whining over Hannah in a state in which Schwarzenegger would label me as a “sissy man”. Granted, it was hard, but even if I do think about the aftermath of whatnot, I don’t do it in public, and instead, suffer internally.

Not that I’m whining now, mind you. God…I feel that I’ve just been found out. Sorry, May Ann. Big whooper.

Anyway, the point in being is this: I won’t disclose the details of the person whom I’m talking about, but she tends to overemphasis on the fact that it was a very meaningful relationship. That lasted three weeks. Though the post-breakup moments were the most meaningful that she had ever had with a guy. But, I point out once again, it only lasted for three weeks. That’s one week shy of a month. A few eggs shy of a basket. It’s three weeks. Not the six months after that.

Now, I’m always a good shoulder to cry on because I can tell you to move on with life. But this, once again, takes the case. Wan Ling was bad enough as it is, because she couldn’t shut up, but that’s alright, because she’d just gotten out of a 5 year relationship [though please keep in mind that the whole feminine “I don’t understand why…” rhetoric was getting sickening]. I tend to help people get along because I listen, and I listen good, but my advice remains the same: the guy was an ape, so move along. I suppose that people can’t really disconnect themselves from the past, and I don’t endorse a complete disassociation…I do think that it’s a slow, painful process.

But whining about it won’t help.

My advice to Wan Ling was to go out, party, try to get laid…and, well, she did. The latter, of course, with her newfound [it’s been a few months] love, and she’s happy. Now, in this new case, I would recommend the same, but unlike Wan Ling, who has kind of fucked me off and prefers not to talk to me anymore [you’re welcome for the help, by the way], I see this new case almost everyday. All I can really do is to tell her that the guy did her wrong [and from her side of the story, he did], and for her to move on and make something out of herself, and focus on her competencies.

I guess endlessly repeating this would help, but for some strange reason, I think she likes wallowing in her misery despite the fact that she constantly stresses on the fact that she’s unstable. People who publicly voice out their “instability” are either very vocal, or just overplaying it. And I really do think that she’s thinking too much of it and overplaying it, and…well, it’s quite a farce. Like I told her, I can only see the situation has funny, because it’s all passed, and…she’s still stuck in the past.

Ladies, please…it’s okay to be Lady Heartbroken, but after a while, it’s just passé. Take it from the guy who’s heard it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home