Monday, December 11, 2006

Good news will find its way.

Despite my obvious repulsion to public displays of saccharine sweetness, it's good to know that some people aren't afraid of being tight. In all sincerity, the world needs more of you. You give a self-admitted cynic like me hope. And hope is hard to come by when you're an island in stormy seas. Or if you're waiting for a harvest in a time of drought.

Or if you've been plumped on lamb chops and chicken wings.

It's great to have thirty one flavours. You get to take your time to choose each one and then find the flavour that best represents you. It's an awful metaphor to use in life, though; we don't have the time or the patience to sit through a full taste test. We filter out the bad, filter in the good and judge accordingly to our criteria.

What we find to our liking in the end tends to be the most unexpected choice --- something that wasn't taken into consideration. It's akin to suddenly having the urge to make love to a midget just because she's there.

Bad example.

What we want and what we get, are always clearly two different things. But if your satisfaction's guaranteed, who's to say that you made a bad choice? Everybody loves a solution; everybody loves an efficient solution more. It's just that the fear of everything being established out of a need for convenience rears its ugly head every now and then. We all can't afford to take things slow, but I remember a time when it was just fun.

One day, you wake up and everybody around you is getting married. Your friends are content and those whom you'd never thought able of commiting have decided to take a plunge and hook up. But is that what you want? Is that where you're meant to be going to? To change the status quo because it's expected of you?

What's the point of submitting to pressure when the only thing you'd do is shortchange yourself? Egads. I'm scared of scamming myself, and I'm scared that the world has scammed me. Likewise, I'm scared of scamming other people unknowingly. I wish I could just flip the switch back, tinker and make some minor adjustments and alterations. Just a few. I could be selfish and decide to nitpick everything, but that'd be too much of a burden.

Sadly, there's no turning back. Even a creepy, eldritch Lovecraft-like device wouldn't be able to save me now.

Tomorrow is a certainty. And a tomorrow after that is just as certain as the last. And with the promise of a new tomorrow/new tomorrows, the promise of saccharine sweetness (for me) is exquisitely renewed and revisited.



My balls itch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home