Thursday, August 02, 2007

Leverage.

It's been said to me today: I'm a lousy poker player because I can never hold on to all my chips. There's nothing like the drama of going all in and making it known to the world...or at least, the perceived tension and drama that goes on in my head while doing so. The thrill of the plunge. The desire to know what the others are holding.

I'm proud to be part of the pack of idiots who have no clear understanding of the game, other than that patience, planning, foresight and a good dose of common sense are vital to winning a good round. But realizing these things doesn't mean that we have to play with them in mind. Skirting on playing with plain irrationality might not be the smartest thing to do, but it'd be good, as Tyler would say, to let the chips fall where they may.

To thrift off from a song I know, chance is a kind of religion where you're damned for plain hard luck.

No truer words, no?

Dive deep. And pray you don't drown.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home