Saturday, December 16, 2006

Babyshambles.

I love Christmas. I'm going to draw a lot of flak for this, but I love the commercial spirit of it all. Money changes hands, there's an inflow everywhere you go...Christmas only comes second to Chinese New Year in terms of giving (and receiving). Purists may scoff at how Christmas has become less and less about the spiritual side of things, but in a way, I'm pretty sure children still want to know why Christmas is Christmas, and that's a start.

The imagery of it all, snowfall, the bells a-ringin', the reindeer, the candy canes...it might seem overly schmaltzy but it's good to fantasize about how perfect everything could be in one given moment.

Speaking of imagery, I've realized that I buy into good marketing/promotions. I've bought two packs of Jacob's Crax's (I'm guessing that they're similar to Arnott's Shapes) that I haven't opened yet. I also chanced upon Jacob's Bites (which I have consumed). RM 1 for a pack at Carrefour. They also taste rather decent.

There's a lot of Christmas cheer to be spread. The Yuletide Joy Plan seems a little behind this year, as there're not a lot of people I know that've lightened up to the prospect of the festivities and incoming New Year. I doubt that Scooby Snacks would do the trick, either...you can only attempt to turn frowns upside down for so long.

So, in order to make a few people happy (or at least to find some comfort in making myself an ass for a day), here's my attempt to mould some smiles, made courtesy by my (somewhat early) present.
* * * * * * * *
Yours truly at one and a half months. This might very well be the first picture of me.

Paolo mentioned that my father looked like something akin to a cool, womanizing sleaze. I say it's the shirt talking.

I look like Jason Statham here.

Pardon the slightly severed head.



Dishevelled, inebriated and loving every moment of it.

* * * * * * * *
Sorting through the albums of old photos I have, these stuck out the most. They've been decoloured with age and their hues have been softened. I look at the people in these photos with the realization that the world was truly unknown at that point in their lives...but they were probably also anticipating every moment of it.

Things didn't work out too well in the end, but going back gives me a warm and fuzzy one.




(Not like that, you sick fuck).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home